Mini Farm Workshop – Veggies
9am – 3pm
- Wednesday 8 February – Leafy Greens
- Wednesday 15 February – Stone Fruit
- Wednesday 22 February – Berries
- Wednesday 1 March – Fabulous Fungi
- Wednesday 8 March – Alliums–Yum!
- Wednesday 15 March – Root Vegetables
- Wednesday 22 March – Legumes
- Wednesday 29 March – Nuts
The kids become mini farmers and after a detailed tour get set to work doing farm chores. We collect eggs, restock our pet chickens bedding, ensure they have fresh water and clean out the coup. We work on our dedicated Farm Kids garden plot and tend to our onsite worm Subpod. If the opportunity arises, we assist the farmers with their chores. They forage, cook, make natural products, create and see where their food comes from as well as experience countless opportunities to learn about teamwork, community, and ethical farming practices.
What to bring
Children will need:
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Healthy lunch box and water bottle for the day
- Backpack (to carry above)
- All items need to be labelled
Where to meet
We will meet at the Farm House opposite the restaurant. Please look out for the signs to guide you. (If coming from QLD, please be aware of time difference during day light savings!)
These workshops are appropriate for children who are interested in farming, energetic and willing to work. Ages 5 to 12 years.
If you are a working parent please discuss with the Farm Kids Manager if you need your child to start early or finish later than the designated program time so as to get to and from work. For an extra fee this can be arranged.
Please don’t forget that if you cannot make it to our planned workshops we can tailor a workshop especially for your group. Email email@example.com for more detail.